,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Traded

I have momentarily traded in my hooks for paintbrushes.  

Recently, I joined a Circle Journal that will take place over the next 12 months.  Each person has their own journal with a chosen theme.  Every month on the 15th we send the journal we have to the next person.  Everyone does an entry and the journal makes a full circle. At the end of the 12 months we receive our original journals filled with creativity.

It just so happens that my first journal's theme was a "self portrait." Never really considering myself an artist, I decided to sign up for an art class (something I've wanted to do for such a long time.)  

And so my new obsession begins...
Signature
Signature
          © Tracey Aiena

© Tracey Aiena 
© Tracey Aiena

9 comments:

Mary said...

Those are awesome! You have a real talent! Also that Circle Journal sounds like such a fun idea. :)

Kelly said...

Ok, I really think that you have a natural talent here...
Can't wait to see what you do in mine....

the jilted ballerina said...

@Mary - Awww thanks so much. Eventually I'd like to start up a similar Circle Journal incorporating crochet projects. idk

@Kelly - I am having a blast! This is just a practice exercise. Haven't decided on exactly the right idea for Salma's journal but the pages are gesso'd LOL

trolycar said...

amazing -- you r soo naturally gifted with talent

twelvedaysold said...

Wow, are you kidding? You painted that?

I'm seriously jealous. My husband is going to art school to do just this type of thing, while I sit around and say "I'm never very good with painting." But if you say you're never much of an artist as well, maybe I'll have the same luck as you...

And what a wonderful idea for those journals. They will be an awesome memento!

Corine said...

Yeah! :D I'm so happy that you are part of the circle journal! :D You are SO TALENTED! Good job... and way to go! :D

Sole Sister Salma said...

That is great stuff, I love and cannot get enough of art. Hmm, can't wait to have you work in my journal.

twelvedaysold said...

P.S.
Check this out! A girlfriend of mine followed your "flower fridgie" idea and attached them to some knitted hand warmers, and I thought you'd like to see.

http://littlegreykitten.wordpress.com/2010/07/30/i-am-proud-of-me/#comment-205

the jilted ballerina said...

@trolycar thank you so much for the kind comment. I hope to get much better with time :-)

@ My Circle Journal Buddies - I am so excited to be able to contribute something more artsy. I was sweatin' it wondering how to incorporate my crochet into each journal.

@12daysold - Girl you can do anything you put your mind to. Years and years ago I taught myself how to do simple landscapes just by watching these painting shows on PBS. I would video tape them so that I could go back and take my time. Nowadays we have YouTube... so much easier. So go steal some of your hubby's brushes and some paint and try something simple :-)

btw: How cool is that? Flower fridgies reinvented on hand warmers. LOL I love that.

Post a Comment