,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Birds of a feather

Today I put my daughter on a plane to visit her childhood friend. She has never been away like this before and never alone. It feels so strange like something is missing, because something is missing. I am getting a glimpse at the way life will be in the not-so-distant future. Suddenly the phrase "empty nest" is not just something I think about in reference to my parents... it is now staring at me squarely in the face. 

I wanted to send her with a little something hand-made by me... a little smile... a little love...a little of me.
Signature
Signature



Did I mention she is currently obsessed with baby chicks?








Of course I have been wanting to make this penguin for Miss Isadora -
(daughter's bff) for a while now. In pink nevertheless, her favorite color!




Birds of a feather flock together...



4 comments:

Kelly said...

You are the best mom ever :) They are adorable. MIne is away 5 weeks visiting her dad, and its like half my life is gone, mine is so small and so far away, I feel your pain....know you are not alone...

sherri said...

It's tough when the leave the nest. When mine left I was devastated. Took me a while to find a new purpose in life...but I did and survived.

It's so great that you sent her away with a gift of yourself...special moments and special things...she will cherish it!

the jilted ballerina said...

Awww Kelly...I'm sorry you are missing your peanut. I don't think I could have done it when Arianah was a wee little one. I'm so glad I found you through blogging. You are one special lady.

Thanks for the encouragement Sherri. It's nice to here about others that have gone through this and survived.

The Redhead Riter said...

I love the penguin!!!!! I really like the pink thread. I know penguins are pink, but it looks so cute that way.

Post a Comment