,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Parting is such sweet sorrow

What an amazing journey so far. I've just completed my entry for Salma's Circle Journal, and I must say it is harder than I thought to part with it.

There is something about pouring yourself into a painting ~ a self portrait and then giving it away knowing you will never see it again. I have taken a bazillion pictures of it... but I can't seem to capture the way it looks in person....

To console myself I have begun to pour myself into another painting... Does everyone become this attached to their work?

Signature
Signature



5 comments:

katlupe said...

It is awesome! I can understand why you feel that way.

twelvedaysold said...

I think it's something about art on paper as opposed to something you make (like knitting or crocheting). I feel the same way!

sherri said...

Beautiful!

Kelly said...

I think that is what makes pieces of art so truly precious. Because there are pieces of you in it. A true artist pours out there soul into the work, and blindly puts it out there into the world to see. Very scary, but also transparent. ANd usually creates gorgeous pieces of work. You are attached, b/c it is a piece of you. I think for this reason, I find it easier to give my paintings away then to sell them...

Rosanna Hope said...

I love it and I can`t wait to see what you add to my journal!

Post a Comment