,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Designer Labels - YOU CAN MAKE AT HOME

Sometime last year I purchased some spiffy labels that I designed for all of my hand knit pieces. Problem is, large companies require minimum orders and initial set up fees.  The company I purchased from had a low minimum but I still have about 300+ labels lying around.... That's a lot of crochet and knitting projects.




Since then, I have kind of switched gears and started quilting.  I love being able to personalize my pieces and for a split second I thought about ordering some labels for my quilts UNTIL..... I came across this amazing product at my local Jo-Ann Fabrics called PhotoFabric.  This stuff is genius! It comes in several fabric choices such as poplin, canvas, silk and more.  It is so simple just PRINT, PEEL, & SEW using your home inkjet printer.


PRINT AND LET DRY



PEEL


RINSE DO NOT WRING 


LAY FLAT TO DRY


CUT INTO DESIRED SIZES FRAY CHECK THE EDGES


TADA

It's a good thing I didn't order a bazillion of these as I've already needed labels for another project that was not a quilt :-/

GO OUT AND MAKE YOUR OWN DESIGNER LABELS TODAY!
Signature
Signature

4 comments:

twelvedaysold said...

These are awesome! I didn't even know this was out there. Thanks!

Alyssa said...

Great idea and I never knew there was such a thing! Love the bee! Alyssa of Boston Bee ;)

annielizabeth said...

Wow Tracey, what a fabulous find! I'll have to get some. I had some tags made up years ago and have quite a few left. They came on a roll like ribbon only it's cotton with ink printing, not woven and I know whatcha mean by having to order a gazillion of 'em. At least this place did small orders but nothing fancy. Thanks for the info and your tags are cute!

Cina said...

Oh this is so SPLENDID!!

Post a Comment