,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Portrait Props and Such

Heading home during the holidays...
I am SO looking forward to spending time with family.  Most of my family live in the panhandle of Florida with the exception of one of my brothers and myself. It is a rarity that we are both home at the same time. We are all especially excited to see the aforementioned brother's new baby ~ Miss S. She was born about a month premature and was in the NICU the last time we saw her.

When I found out that we would be home at the same time my wheels started turning.  I have always wanted to try one of those artsy newborn photo shoots.  After getting the green light from Mommy J., I was off to the races brainstorming all the possibilities. I researched some of my favorite photography sites for inspiration and poses. Although, most newborn portraits are done at 1 - 2 weeks old and Miss S. is 3 months... we'll just have to improvise.

At this point, I've made a tutu, 2 pairs of ruffled bloomers, handmade floral headbands, singed silk flower with birdcage netting and feathers, crocheted earflap hat and a cocoon. Whew...... AND I'm not quite finished yet.  I would still like to work on the backdrops a bit...and  then there's this little pom pom hat...and

Here's a sneak peak at some of the props for Sophia's portrait day. Fingers crossed we get some good pix :-)

Signature










3 comments:

twelvedaysold said...

Guh! I want these cute clothes! But I'm pushing a little over three months old :) I love the first hat pictured, and those bloomers and polka dot skirt are to die for. Can't wait to see the photos from the shoot!

Mary said...

Hello Tracey, I clicked on your website blog from your youtube vidoe on granny squares. I am following along and just finished the granny square #4 video. I will be making my square several rounds larger because I am doing my square in thread instead of yarn. I am planning on crocheting a flower with petals and sewing it to the center to be a decorative potholder like the vintage potholders. Your videos are the best tutorials. Thank you for sharing your skills on youtube. I wanted to ask if you have seen the vintage dress potholders? I want some of those so badly but do not have a pattern. Have you crocheted those before and if so, any possibility of having a youtube tutorial? Thanks so much! I am so glad I found your videos and I want to make those mary jane baby shoes soon!

annielizabeth said...

Dear Tracey, Hope you're having a wonderful time visiting your family. Can't wait to see the pix of your niece all gussied up! Thanks for sharing a part of you all year long with us. Happy, healthy and prosperous new year to you and your loved ones. oxox Annie

Post a Comment