,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Another Special Occasion

We had several anniversary celebrations this year. My mom and Eddie marked their 20th wedding anniversary. To celebrate the occasion we hosted a formal dinner party followed by an intimate family gathering.   


Can you believe this cake was purchased just 2 days before the event from Walmart for $48.00? We cascaded fresh creamy white roses down the side. I couldn't be happier if I had purchased it from a high-end bakery. This cake serves 60 people.  The tip is to purchase an anniversary cake instead of a wedding cake - perfect for a wedding on a shoestring budget.



My mom and I both share a love of fine linens so I knew right away what I wanted to make for her anniversary.  Monogrammed handmade pillow shams...










Signature
Signature

3 comments:

renee said...

Your blog is lovely!

twelvedaysold said...

Wow, what a great idea those pillow shams! They look fantastic. And that cake looks delicious!

annielizabeth said...

Beautifully romantic. Lovely for an anniversary. Perfect!

Post a Comment