,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thursday, January 27, 2011

KNITTING: Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail

I am so in love with art yarns like those slub thick-thin yarns but they can be challenging to work with. My first attempts were epic fails.  I was afraid I would break the yarn if I pulled too tight on the thin areas of the skein. But determined as I am, I kept on. In my humble opinion, this  free bunny beanie is the perfect pattern to showcase the yarn. Of course I had to make it difficult on myself as the pattern calls for regular worsted weight yarn. This thick yarn fudges up all the measurement so I had to completely rewrite the pattern - hmmmm maybe I'll put it up on Ravelry... LOL  Anyway, because I'm a glutton for punishment I'm going to make a diaper cover with a fluffy tail to match.
Signature
Signature

8 comments:

annielizabeth said...

Hi Tracey, I too, like the fancy slub yarns and found it IS difficult to work with sometimes. Your hat turned out cute as ever so worth the extra umph it took! I guess without challenges life would become boring?

Sonia said...

is so adorable sad that the pattern is for knitting :( and love ur crochet videos im a beginner but by doing ur videos im getting better at crocheting :D... all i need now is to learn how to read patters lol im more of a watch and learn person xD

twelvedaysold said...

Those are the cutest, fuzziest little ears!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracey- your website is so beautiful! I was wondering... what kind of camera do you have? Your photos are so crystal clear and charming!

the jilted ballerina said...

Thanks so much ladies for your sugar sweet comments! I read them all... several times LOL

I'm just now learning how to use my anniversary gift from last year LOL. Hubby gave me a Nikon D90! But honestly the magic is all in the way you can add "effects" to your images in Photoshop that make them pop.

Anneliese said...

Darling hat! Which yarn did you use? Love the newest earflap hat too! (By the way, I also use a D90--LOVE that camera!)

Kathy said...

oh my....that is so adorable!

Anonymous said...

Awesome post.

Also visit my homepage :: vehicle branding gauteng

Post a Comment